My Playlist

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Buses

As the Alanis Morrisette song ‘Ironic’ goes, ‘Why is there a traffic jam, when you’re already late’? I wasn’t that late only a couple of minutes which would have gotten me in about 5 minutes before my shift started. It wasn’t that traffic was too heavy. It wasn’t any worse than any normal Wednesday.

But, and here’s another one of those rhetorical type questions, ‘Why do three buses come along at once’? I was stuck behind a bus going up a hill. Then I got to a T-junction and another buses let him out. Then 3-4 cars went by before another bus came along before it was clear for me to pull out. I was thinking ‘What are the fucking chances’. It’s rare for me to see one bus, but three in a row. Anyway I drive up the road a little and the second two buses were turning right across rush hour traffic. So that held me up even more.

Also, why do I always get behind the village/ town or city idiot? You know the type. The one who drives at 5-10 mph under the speed limit. The ones who think rush hour is like a Sunday afternoon drive in the country. It’s called RUSH HOUR for a reason.

Add to that I get road rage easily after a while of putting up with it and who can blame me. Anyway I managed to get to work with one minute to spare.

Oh you will be glad to hear, I parked away form the front of the store. I still parked in the bottom car park but at the back. No-one has complained…yet.

I was on returns tonight. It was power tool night. The night in which every customer in a ten mile radius, that has a faulty power tool comes in for a refund. We have nights like that every now and again. Just when you think the coast is clear, along comes another.

Oh, also I was stand in supervisor for 15 minutes while the supervisor was on break. The place didn’t fall apart and I managed to arrange the staff with no fuss. Which is pretty good.

Also I tried a new look with my eye make-up and I swear more men looked at me as they came in the door. It’s just darker and smokier than usual. That’s all.

No comments: