My Playlist

Saturday 27 September 2008

Logic of a Diet Coke can

Today whilst on my break, I was bored so I started reading my Diet Coke can. I was reading all the nutritional values on the reverse and on the side. Then I noticed that on the back it said that the Kcal (calories) in 100ml of Diet coke is 0.5 Kcal.






But on the side it said for 330ml (the whole can) there’s only 1 calorie.




















That doesn't make sense, 3.3x0.5 is not 1. It’s basic maths. It’s 1.65. Which is nearer to 2. Has anyone else noticed this or has the whole Diet Coke customer base been deceived?

Also, I felt really proud of myself today, when two deaf people came into the store asking me to call the RAC because they got a flat tyre in our car park. So I rang them but the RAC wanted to know some details from the customer, so I managed to get the customer to write their answers, while I write the questions. Everything worked out great and they were really happy with my service and were full of praise.

This is the conversation we had.



















But from there on it went down hill. They waited about 2 hour for the RAC. At which point I talked to my supervisor and he told me that the RAC had called and asked to talk to the customer thinking they were a member of staff. But my supervisor said no there is nobody by that name that works here. So in effect he had cancelled the RAC. So we had to call the RAC back and get them to come out. Then the guy that turned up brought the wrong truck. So they had to wait again for a tow truck. But when the tow truck turned up they were nowhere to be seen. We couldn’t put a tannoy out because they were deaf, so we searched the whole store for them with no joy. So the tow truck driver got pissed off and drove off. Of course half an hour later the customer is back. It took a further hour to get the tow truck to come back. So just for a flat tyre, that would have taken 30 minute tops to replace with the spare, it took about 4 hours at least.

No comments: