My Playlist

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Parking

I was meant to post this last night.
Today started on a high, I was dog sitting my uncles dog George Washington. Which is great because it give Poppy someone to play with. He’s extremely obedient and is so adorable, so when my uncle asked if I could look after him during the day for a week, I jumped at the chance.



But then off to work, where we are having a re-vamp. So because of which they have closed off half the car park. I parked in my usual place, adjacent to the store. I have parked there for as long as I have been driving if the space is available. Now because of the re-vamp, we have been asked to park in the top car park.

So when I walked in, I was greeted by my supervisor and a manager. They asked where I parked, I said ‘Out the front of the store’. They asked ‘why’ and I said ‘because it a car park’. I didn’t mention I was running late, so thought parking closer to the store would save me time. There are a few other reasons.

One being, parking out the front of the store means I am closer to the security cameras. Forgive me for wanting to feel more secure.

Two being, if my knee or hip gives out during my shift, then I don’t want to walk miles to my car.
And three, I work the graveyard shift. Which in itself has its reasons. On the graveyard shift the car park is never full. So I feel I can park there without causing any disruption to the customers who come in.

The second being, on the graveyard shift, especially during the winter, it is dark outside and at the moment they don’t have sufficient lighting. I not scared and I can stick up for myself but excuse me if I feel safer where it is well lit. Especially with a pregnant woman being attacked in Hedge End only last week (I believe).

I understand we need to keep the customers happy. But I am not causing an obstruction, as far as I can see. Plus there are a lot of reasons I can mention for me parking where I have for over 2 years. And only one I can think of to make me park in the top car park, that being for the benefit of the customer.

Oh, did I mention about 90% of the staff park close to the store. You’re only got to look at the car park after closing to see that one or two park in the top car park.
Plus I drive a car and it’s a car park, so I should be able to park anywhere.

So from now and until the re-vamp is complete I will still park in front of the store but either down the side or at the back.

I think that’s it. That’s my rant for today.

On a good note I was on returns.

No comments: