My Playlist

Friday 31 October 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

It’s Halloween and I had to work. Apparently at home we had no trick or treat kids round and nothing really happened at work. This morning however I believe our poltergeist returned. I was in the bath and all of a sudden the shampoo bottle fell over. I promise you I was nowhere near the bottle, the dog and cat were locked out of the bathroom and it was so cold this morning that I had the window shut. So how did it fall over? It happened again at work. There was no-one in the aisle straight in front of me and again all of a sudden one of the tool boxes fell off the shelf. Spooky huh.

Question, Is it Christmas already? Can you sense the sarcasm? Well at work it is. All the new Christmas stock is going in. We have some lights and tinsel, trees and those annoying singing Christmas characters that start off all cute, but then after listening to them all day, they piss you off. One thing IT’S ONLY OCTOBER.

In other work news. The re-vamp has finally kicked up a gear. Showrooms is split in two, with kitchens and bathrooms at opposite ends of the store. Electrical is currently in plumbing. Plumbing has shifted up. We have no building yard, so all the exterior wood has move into the store. We have no stock on about 3-4 aisles in the middle of the store. The doors have moved to gardening. Trees have been cut down. Half of the car park which is in use has been dug up. And a wall has been removed from the staff area. It’s all go, hopefully to be finished before the deadline of peak trading at Easter.

I haven’t had anymore complaints about my parking. Which is really awesome. I still don’t like parking over the back, especially after dark.

My Saturday shifts have changed as of last Saturday. I keep to the same times and I still have one person from my shift. But I have two new people on my shift. So now I go from an all female shift to a half female and half male shift. In a way it is good but I will miss the girls. Plus I am now the only returns trained operator on my shift.

On Wednesday I had to fill in a Q12 questionnaire which asks staff what they think of the company as a place to work. One of the questions refers to ’Do you have the tools and equipment to do you job?’ I said no, we still have a problem with stationary like staplers and calculators, etc. another question asked ’Do you feel your opinion counts?’ Again I said no, referring to the stationary. I ranted on and said something along the lines of well no because if my opinion counted the stationary problem would have been sorted by now. So when I arrived tonight, guess what, yep we have all new stationary. But the staplers they have given us are useless. But at least they tried. They are trying to make us happy before the official questionnaire at the end of November.

Now the Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross story of them making prank phone calls to the actor Andrew Sachs and saying things about sleeping with the actor’s grand-daughter. For fuck sake it was a prank. It was funny and it has been blown well out of proportion. It should never have got as far as Russell Brand quitting and Jonathan Ross being suspended. They are both really funny men and if anyone had a problem with it they could have changed the station. They didn’t have the final say on the broadcasting of the material, it would be down to the shows producer. So if anyone deserves the sack, it the producer. The BBC website states that the amount of complains 15 days after the event has reached 37,500. Yeah, about 95% of them were days after the event.
Most probably didn’t even hear the original broadcast. I say again. IT WAS A PRANK.

Lewis Hamilton faces the final race of the season on the top of the table. But Felipe Massa is on his home circuit. The final race is this Sunday. The Brazilians have been said to be wishing Lewis to get a puncture. But I say one thing COME ON LEWIS. If Lewis wins he will become the youngest racer to win the Formula one championship trophy.

Oh well that’s it for now. I have to get some sleep as I am on early shift tomorrow and I fell like shit, because I have a fucking cold. My nose is blocked or running, my throat is on fire and I have a chesty cough.

No comments: