My Playlist

Saturday 12 February 2011

Borovets Day 1

My day started at 6:30am. I had breakfast of a couple of Weetabix and a cup of tea. I straightened my hair. Applied my makeup. I finished packing. Then on the road at 9:30am. We drove along the M27, M3 and M25. We stopped off at McDonalds in the south terminal for a pee break and a sausage and egg McMuffin. Then to the middle of nowhere to park the car. Transfer to the airport took about 15minutes. We were about half an hour early for check-in. But we still managed to check-in. We went straight through security with no frisking. We did some browsing of the duty free. We had a coffee in Costa Coffee on Nan and Grandad. They put coco love hearts on the top. Back to duty free so that mum could buy some perfume. We sat around for a bit, then onto the departure gate number 101. We had to wait another hour at the gate. Then on board the plane. We were boarded first. We sat in seat number 25a and 25b on flight TOM4666. Yep flight 666. And the plane just happened to be a Boeing757. The same as Iron Maiden's flight 666. Takeoff and landing are my favourite parts. Our pilot was called pilot Francis. We were on board for about 30 minutes before they started playing the in-flight movie of Wall Street starring Michael Douglas and Shia LaBeouf. We got to a cruising altitude of 33,000feet. About half an hour later it was time for dinner. Today's dinner was Chicken Pomodoro with mash potato and runner beans (exactly what mum had guessed) shame about the mushrooms. Takeoff and landing was a little turbulent. We landed on runway 27 westbound at 5:35pm. Luggage collecting was fast. We were one off the first bags off. Then off to try and find the bus. The bus ride was hell. It was really hot and stuffy with no air coming out of the fans. On arrival to the hotel we had to get our own luggage out of the hold and they were buried. No help from either the rep or the bus driver. We got our room pretty quick. But we have to walk a long way to get to our room of number 1216. We are on the second floor with an ok view from the front of the hotel. We booked a twin room and it was a double that we had to make into a twin. Down to dinner via the lift after we had walked down a floor because the lifts call button didn't work. We had dinner of a salad with chips. The desserts were amazingly delicious. Back to our room to unpack. I felt terrible. I was really light headed and thought the room was moving. Not good. Either I have altitude sickness already or something I ate didn't agree with me. Oh I went to draw the curtains in the hotel room and pulled them down. We decided after unpacking that we would just stay in tonight. It was getting late and we had to get up early in the morning. So instead we watched Shakespeare In Love starting Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes. I watched some boomerang TV. Cartoons but they were on English. I wrote my journal. I did a puzzle in my puzzle book. Then off to bed at 12:45am.

No comments: