My Playlist

Friday 18 February 2011

Borovets Day 7

Today we woke up at 8:00 am. We got dressed and went down to breakfast. I had a bowl of Nesquik cereal and some fried bread and eggs. This morning I needed a boost so I had 2 cups of coffee that didn't really kick in until lunch. Back to the room to get coats, sunscreen and the rest. Down to pick up our skis for the last time. Then over to meet Val, who had some excellent news for us. We are all really tired and need a day of rest but no we are going up the Gondola. The walk down to the Gondola almost killed me. The queue was massive, what with it being closed yesterday. Gave me a chance to get my breath back. On the Gondola and you could tell it was windy at the top because we were swaying a little. Off at the top and time to do some mountaineering. Because of the lack of snow, we have to walk down a steep slope of mud and rocks. Me and mum stayed on the Rusk Green run while they others did the Markudjik Blue circle. I said they can do it first and tell me how it is before risking it on the last day. Turns out 4/12 of them fell off the high speed drag lift. That was enough for me to stay on the Rusk Green run. We had lunch at the top of the mountain. I had a hotdog with mustard and ketchup. It was really good. After lunch some of the group wanted to do the Markudjik Blue circle again. But we decided to go down the Gondola. Why? Because it was extremely windy at the top and we didn't want to get stranded up there. If your at the top and they shut the Gondola, because the green and blue runs down are closed, the only way down is to ski a red or black run or walk down. And it‘s a long way down. We made it back down and it turned out they didn't shut the Gondola but better safe then sorry. We bought a copy of a photo that the whole group had done at the top of the mountain with Yoda. We skied the Iglika Blue run a few times but mum fell a couple of times, so we went for a drink at Kharma. This year we have spent a lot of time at Kharma. We skied the nursery slope a few times but for some reason my shins were absolute agony when walking in my ski boots. Although they were the best ski boots I have ever had. They were so comfortable. We handed our skis back for the last time. Kinda sad really that it's gonna be the last time we are skiing for a whole year, at least. Bye to the twins, we left a tip for them. Then back to the hotel for a well deserved relax and shower. Then down to dinner for the last time. Tonight I had potato soup with croutons for starter. Main was roast pork with mashed potato, brussel sprouts and baby carrots. Dessert was profiteroles, kiwi, orange, chocolate dough balls and a fruit purée. Definitely the best meal we've had while here. Very English. I don't know if that's because Tom (our rep) was rating the food tonight. Bit of a coincidence. Back to our room to watch cartoons of Looney Toons and the Pink Panther. Then over to Kharma for the awards/diploma ceremony. We had a free drink. Of course I'm straightedge, so I don't drink and mums on meds which mean she can't. So we both had apple juice. We did a whip round for Val to say thank you. We both apparently did worse than last year. I don't think so. I felt really good this year, and I was hitting blues this year. Whereas last year I was barely hitting greens. Anyway, we made some new friends and had fun and that’s all that matters. Back to the hotel to start packing. Then a night of cartoons, music box and Metallica's Some Kind Of Monster. I think I got a little tanned today on my face. My nose and cheeks are a little sore. Off to bed for the last time in Bulgaria at 12:00am.

No comments: