My Playlist

Saturday 19 February 2011

Borovets Day 8

Absolutely fucking typical. I wake up a little earlier then expected. I look out the window and what do I see. It’s fucking snowing. The heaviest snow of the week. The snow we have been waiting for and we can't ski it because all our lift passes, boot hire, ski hire and Val expired yesterday. It's really beautiful though. I got dressed and put on my full makeup for the first time in a week. I've only been wearing eyeliner on the slopes. I can't leave the house without my eyeliner. Down to our last breakfast in the hotel. This morning started with Nesquik. Followed by fried eggs and bread. Finished off with some cake with plum jam and an orange. Double coffee this morning. Back upstairs to finish packing. Love packing to go home, just shove everything in the bag. Was it a good idea packing my boots? Have no idea what the weather is like in Sofia. We hung around for a while waiting for the bus. We watched music box for the last time. Gonna miss it, been a saviour this week. We went to the bar to buy some water. Why? Because if the bus is anything like our transfer from the airport then we will need the water. We are doing a tour of Sofia but the bus won't be here until 11am ish, an hour and a half drive to Sofia and a tour. The only guaranteed meal is on the plane at 8:30pm. You can probably tell I'm rambling a bit. Sat waiting for the bus is boring. Yummy, Adam Lambert. We went round most of the major hotels in Borovets. Then off into Sofia. It toolks about an hour and a half to get to Sofia, we stopped off at a tank station (petrol station) as our guide Ivo (pronounced Evo) called it, just outside Sofia city centre for a pee break and most of us grabbed some sort of snack food. Ivo was a great guide, he knew a lot about his city and was very funny. Although he didn't fill us with much confidence about being in the city on our own. He told us we could be mugged, run over, etc. But no, he was a great guide. He took us around some of the sights of Sofia. Cathedrals, embassy's and even the prime ministers place of work, where we got to see the changing of the guards. After, Ivo took us to the High Street and showed us one of the best sites…McDonalds. We were all hungry and most of us asked where McDonalds was. Large Big Mac Meal. Lush. After we had 2 hours of free time. What to do? On a High Street? Shopping. Shopping. Shopping. Although we didn’t buy anything. Half way down the first side of the street we saw a woman with a Dunkin Doughnuts bag and we made it our mission to find Dunkin Doughnuts. Turns out it was down the side road by McDonalds. How did we not see it? We took a slow walk back around the sights, retracing our steps to find our way back to the bus. We still had about 45 minutes of free time left, so we sat in the Cathedral watching the people coming and going. Back on the bus and all but 2 people were back early. There’s always a straggler. Off to the airport. Just 10 minutes earlier and we wouldn’t have had to wait for ages to check-in. Finally through check-in and through the security points. Time to shop in duty free. I swear people in Bulgaria move so slowly. The queue to pay was so long and it took so long for them to serve one customer that I had to put my stuff down and not buy anything because our flight was boarding. I was not going to miss my flight because they couldn’t move their asses. It’s their loss, they missed out on my money because their service was so bad. Anyway on board the plane and I get the emergency exit seat. 12F on flight TOM4667. The stewardess asked if I knew how to work the emergency exit. I said just follow the doodle that was plastered not only on the door but on every seat in the row. Mum said, “If she did, she’d have your job”. Made me giggle. The in-flight movie was Alpha and Omega, a cartoon. Really good movie. But the only problem with cartoon movies are they are so short. Makes the flight drag on. In-flight meal was Bangers and Mash. Proper English grub. I watched some TV on my iPod. Our Pilot was Pilot Carragher. We were cruising at 36,000 feet. We landed 10 minutes early. Our baggage was just chucked on the conveyor belt, on top of each other. Ours came out about half way through. Then outside the airport to the bus stop to wait. We boarded a bus after mum flirted with the bus driver. We went to the South terminal and back to the North terminal before going to the car park. Finding the car was really easy and luckily the car started first time. Then we hit the road for the hour and a half journey home. We get onto the M25 only to be told that the M25 junction 9-10 was closed. So we had to take a detour. After we found our way back to the M25, I fell asleep. I slept the whole way home. My brother was there to meet us. I survived the whole week skiing without injury and I bloody injure my knee walking through the door. I have walked through the door hundred of times and this time I kneed the frame. Bloody hurt like hell. We stood around for a bit and talked with my brother. Then straight to bed at 12:30am. Unpacking can wait until the morning.

1 comment:

Loociiee said...

Sounds like you had a really good time. :) I didn't know that they did skiing in Bulgaria! I'm going skiing in Vermont in 2 weeks so pretty psyched about that! I haven't been for about 4 years tho so hopefully I haven't forgotten how to do it. :L
Loociiee :) x